Monday, January 25, 2010

To Catch A Ghost...

music can save people. at least that's what the people thought at the original Woodstock in 1969. i believe it can help people, but as for saving, well that's up to whoever. it saved me, but helped more. music is always a good thing to get behind during the bad moments in life. but, you shouldn't really rely on it so much because it's just there to fill in the background and certain moments. wait, i take that back. you can rely on music. heck, i do it all the time. ugh, what am i talking about??? uuuugggghhhhhh...

here is the band, Brand New. there are awesome.



one of the better, current indie/emo bands of the last 10 years or so, brand new has been making quality music and getting better and better with each new release. starting in 2000, the band claims long island, new york as their home and have been all over the world since their humble beginnings. this band has a strong connection to a few other acts out there like, Taking Back Sunday, The Movie Life and Crime in Stereo. originally being in the band, The Rookie Lot, lead singer jessy lacy and his buddies, garrett tierney and brian lane grabbed vincent accardi and formed brand new. they quickly signed with triple crown records and released their debut album, Your Favorite Weapon, and got many of their old school fans right away. over the years, the band has changed their sound, from a more pop-punk/emo style, to indie/shoegaze/90's emo style. this change has lost them many old time fans, but has also garnered new ones. i personally like the way the band has matured so much over the course of four albums, and i hope you all will give each release a try. be sure to listen to them in order.

okay, so here you have all four albums. first is the already mentioned debut album, Your Favorite Weapon, followed by the second lp titled, Deja Entendu. in third is their major label debut, The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me, followed by their latest release, Daisy. these are great pieces of music and i hope you abosorb them with an open mind. enjoy!!!


http://www.mediafire.com/?nodc231v9jy


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RPYDK8ZQ


http://www.mediafire.com/?tmoezt4tv5y


http://pl.hotfile.com/dl/15933212/576b920/Brand_New_DAYsy.rar.html



Back in school they never taught us what we needed to know,

like how to deal with despair, or someone breaking your heart.
For twelve years I've held it all together but a night like this is begging to pull me apart.
I played it quiet, left you deep in conversation.
I felt uncool and hung out around the kitchen.
I remember I kept thinking that I know you never would,
and now I know I want to kill you like only a best friend could.

Everyone's caught on to everything you do
Everyone's caught on to.

As if this happening wasn't enough I got to go
and write a song just to remind myself how bad it sucked.
Ignore the sun, the cover's over my head.
I wrote a message on my pillow that says, "Jesse, stay asleep in bed."
So don't apologize. I hope you choke and die.
Search your cell for something with which to hang yourself.
They say you need to pray if you want to go to heaven
but they don't tell you what to say when your whole life has gone to hell.

Everyone's caught on to everything you do
Everyone's caught on to
And everyone's caught on to everything you do (And I can't let you, let me down again.)
Everyone's caught on to (And I can't let you, let me down again)

So, is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with.
Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish.
I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home.
I hope there's ice on all the roads.
And you can think of me when you forget your seat belt,
and again when your head goes through the windshield.

And is that what you call tact?
You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back.
So let's end this call, and end this conversation.
and is that what you call a getaway?
well tell me what you got away with.
cause you left the frays from the ties you severed
when you say best friends means friends forever

So, is that what you call a getaway?
Well tell me what you got away with.
Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish.
I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home.
I hope there's ice on all the roads.
And you can think of me when you forget your seat belt,
and again when your head goes through the windshield.

Everyone's caught on to everything you do (And I can't let you, let me down again)
Everyone's caught on to (And I can't let you, let me down again)
And everyone's caught on to everything you do (And I can't let you, let me down again)
Everyone's caught on to (And I can't let you, let me down again)

No comments:

Post a Comment