Monday, December 28, 2009

Calling All Peeps...

this just in, christmas is over and the new year is about to happen!!! take up your glasses and tip your waiters, because this is the end people!!! times are gonna change and hopefully for the better. but really, in all seriousness, i'm glad to still be alive. this past year was probably the hardest yet, so i'm really REALLY looking forward to something new. i have plans that hopefully will happen. big plans!!! i just got's to take it all one day at a time.

oh, pitchfork news. what will young hipsters with no sense of direction do without your music reviews??? today i have one of 2009's best reviewed artists. she's young, pretty, and full of lots of talent. she was born in tulsa oklahoma (which i just found out) and currently resides in new york. here today is St. Vincent.



yeah, so i took up pitchforks high praised review and checked this girl out. i was very surprised at what i heard. she's making very moody music with great pop flavor. she's a multi-instrumentalist and did pretty much everything on her recordings. here's a bit of trivia for ya!!! she used to tour with the Polyphonic Spree and was also in Sufjan Stevans touring band!!!

the best way for me to describe her music is a bit electronic with a dash of pop brilliance, and mixed with bleak lyrics and then topped off with soft vocals. it all works very well and makes me wish i would pick up a guitar and make something as good.

today i have just one of her albums here. it's her second lp titled Actor and this is the one that's helping her make the indie scene rounds. recently she did a duet with Bon Iver on that teen vampire romance franchise sequel soundtrack, but eh. dig this album and enjoy!!! (p.s. the track "Actor out of work" is brilliant.)


http://www.mediafire.com/?gmimcilowu0

You're a supplement, you're a salve
You're a bandage, pull it off
I can quit you cut it out
You're a patient, I am love

You're a cast on looking on
You're an actor out of work
You're a liar and that's the truth
You're an extra, lost in the scene

You're a boxer in the ring
With brass knuckles underneath
You're the curses through my teeth
You're the laughter, you're the obscene
Uhhh uuuuh

You're a supplement, you're a salve
You're a bandage, pull it off
I think I love you, I think I'm mad

You're a cast on looking on
You're an actor out of work
I think I love you, I think I'm mad
You're a boxer in the ring
With brass knuckles underneath
I think I love you, I think I'm mad

No comments:

Post a Comment