Monday, February 1, 2010

Walk on the moon...

i woke up after 2:00 pm today from a terrible dream. what made this event even more unpleasant was the fact that i awoke still sort of in a dreamlike trance. this has never happened before, at least not in a while. it was weird, and after i really woke up, i felt gross and bad at the same time. i decided to lay back down until three or so, but it was no use. my mind was all over the place once again, and i knew my dad would be home soon, so i was best for me to be awake. i went into the kitchen and made me a sandwich and got on the computer. as i type this, i'm contemplating a phone conversation i just had with my grandmother about the counseling i was wanting to seek. through a good friend from church, it seems i have found a great place to possibly try out up on the north side of oklahoma city. but, during and after our talk, i felt scared, and not wanting anything to do with it. i CAN'T freekin' believe myself!!! why on earth would i immediately be turned off from this help which i have been wanting for some time now??? is it because i'm scared of changing my bad habits, or changing my lifestyle??? the forms i have to fill out have this disclaimer that states some important facts about the center and what they stand for. it's all christian based, and a place for those who need help. it's just the right sort of help, and the friend who told me about them stated that it really was a good place to try. i need to think carefully on this. i just want the pain to end, and if this is a way for me to get in the right direction in order to do just that, then i need to at least give it a shot.

when i'm in those heavy sleep patterns, i tend to dream. my dreams are hit or miss most of the time, and i can't quite comprehend what the heck they mean. some people i know study their dreams real deeply, but i tend to not do that. i usually want to forget them right away. at times i used music to help me get to sleep, but that became something of a backlash and didn't really help at all. nice comforting music to make sleep easier is welcomed, but for me, i can't use it anymore at those times. it' a shame because one of my favorite musical genre's is shoegaze/dream-pop and that style is one of patterns and waves of lush guitars and soft signing. it should be the right type of music for such a thing, but not anymore. i just listen to it at anytime in order to be a bit relaxed. i'm usually sleepy all day anyway... so to give those genre's some credit, here is the wonderful female fronted band, Asobi Seksu.



this group formed in 2001 in new york city and have been making great marks in the indie underground scene since. their band name means, "playful sex" in japanese, if you were wondering... yeah, so they are led by singer, guitarist, keyboardist yuki chikudati, and fellow guitarist james hanna, with billy pavone on bass and larry gorman on drums. this is the present lineup as of right now, with them having many drummer and bass player changes over the years. (why do so many bands have that in common???) to date, the band has released three full lengths of material, with several ep's, live recordings, and an new acoustic record. this is dreamy music with great vocals, and lush instrumentals throughout. i know you will love this!!!

so, here you will find all of their work. we first start with the excellent dream-pop debut, which is the self titled album. following in it's tracks is their heavy shoegaze sounding second lp, and my favorite, Citrus. try out the songs, "thursday" "strings" and "strawberries" for my favorite licks. in third is the more mellow album, Hush. this is a great new album and one that is the bands next step. after that we have the ep titled, Transparence, then the new, all acoustic album, Rewolf. this album is a collection of favorite tracks all done in simple acoustic style and a nice touch to their already great distro. try these out and get some better sleep!!!


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=i0dpqfeu


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=bxc6f6te


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=njm69tjv


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQ87HQ6R


http://www.mediafire.com/?ggm4dvylz0h

here is a video for the song, "walk on the moon" from their self titled debut album. this got my attention real quick when i first heard it. it reminds me of some things...

Asobi Seksu - Walk On The Moon from One Little Indian Records on Vimeo.

I saw the photograph, an image of you
Things have never looked, looked like this
It's never been like this
I'm swimming in gray
I'm just swimming in gray

Let them all walk away, all walk away
So there's no one to blame
They all feel the same
Let them all walk away, all walk away
I'll be left with the shame

You saw the photograph, an image of me
You'll never see me like this
It's never felt like this
I'm swimming in gray
I'm just swimming in gray

Let them all walk away, all walk away
So there's no one to blame
They all feel same
Let them all walk away, all walk away
I'll be left with the shame

No comments:

Post a Comment