Friday, October 9, 2009

The Weekend Starts Here...

it's friday once again and i'm up early. i actually thought i slept all day and it was past two in the afternoon, but nope!!! as i type this i'm watching season three of Dragon Ball Z. i use to watch that show all the time when i was in junior high and high school. for some reason i became a huge anime fan during those years and still am today. it's just that there isn't really any good anime recently so i have gone back and started to watch the classics. you can't beat an entire season box set for under 25 bucks!!! shoot, now i'm in an anime mood. some of my favorite shows are Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Flcl. most of today's anime looks all emo and crap, but those ones i mentioned are now considered classics (by me...) and they have great plots and characters that you can connect with on any level.

ha ha, oh boy. ugh, my youth days were full of all sorts of things to take my mind off personal drama. i guess we all can agree on that. besides anime, music was my other outlet. after my first concert in 1996, i became an addict and have been goin' to shows ever since. so here for the music i want to continue the theme from my last post by showing off another band coming to my state. they are called Built To Spill.


i love this band and all they have done. i know i say that a lot, but i really mean it every time i say it. this band was a great discovery for me. i believe it happened in a borders books store. i was muffling around the music section when i happen to come across one of their albums. i remember being curious about them one day and watching a video of their's on youtube. well the song from that video was on the cd that i had just found. so i took a chance and purchased the album. i think i jammed it for an entire week, several times a day. it was the simplistic music and thoughtful lyrics that made me a fan overnight. that album was There's Nothing Wrong With Love...

so here we are once again and it's time for the music. these are my personal favorites from the band. first is the above mentioned album There's Nothing Wrong With Love followed by Perfect From Now On, then last we have Keep it Like a Secret. seriously, the songs from these albums are soooooooo good. i know you all will love them. here's to built to spill and their up coming concert october 25th!!!



You get the car
I'll get the night off
You'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out how it works
Don't let me know what you find out
I need a car
You need a guide
Who needs a map
If I don't die or worse I'm gonna need a nap
At best I'll be asleep when you get back
I wanna see it when you find out what comets, stars, and moons are all about
I wanna see their faces turn to backs of heads and slowly get smaller
I wanna see it now
I wanna see it now

I want specifics on the general idea
I wanna think what I should know
Want you to do me what to show
I wanna see movies of my dreams
I wanna see movies of my dreams
I wanna see movies of my dreams
I wanna see movies of my dreams
I wanna see it when you get stoned on a cloudy breezy desert afternoon
I wanna see it untame itself and break its owner
I wanna see it now
I wanna see it now

No comments:

Post a Comment