Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Absolutely Cuckoo...

i had to tell a friend some bad news today, and i feel terrible because of it. for some reason, our times just aren't mixing well. we seem to be at different ends of the spectrum and while it's okay, it can be a bit discouraging. some day we will get together and have a great time for sure. i know it!!!

since i'm a little sad i thought of this music post with great feelings. i want to post something that anybody can relate to and it's something i definitely do. i remember asking my mother for this triple album for my b-day a few years ago when i saw it at my local indie record store guestroom records. they held it for me and my mom picked it up after work. it was a real treat. the band is called The Magnetic Fields and this is their famous triple album 69 Love Songs.



i am a romantic at heart and this was just right for me to get wrapped up in. Stephin Merritt is a fantastic lyricist and his voice is deep and slightly resembles Ian Curtis or Jim Morrison. i first heard this band on the popular and freekin' funny children's show The Adventures of Pete and Pete. yeah, that show was ahead of its time. anyway, some of the songs played on that show were from these albums. so with that i hope you dig deep and find those few songs from this massive collection and fall in love.


http://www.mediafire.com/?bmg102c0yyr (disc 1)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nrolwtf39gr (disc 2)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dvbl2d0mjdy (disc 3)

Don't fall in love with me yet
We only recently met
True I'm in love with you but
you might decide I'm a nut
Give me a week or two to
go absolutely cuckoo
then, when you see your error,
then, you can flee in terror
like everybody else does
I only tell you this cause
I'm easy to get rid of
but not if you fall in love
Know now that I'm on the make
and if you make a mistake
my heart will certainly break
I'll have to jump in a lake
and all my friends will blame you
There's no telling what they'll do
It's only fair to tell you
I'm absolutely cuckoo

No comments:

Post a Comment