Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm Drone...

i feel a bit sick right now. i think i stressed myself to the point of sickness. it's not the first time that's happened. anyway, i had to get my car fixed which i did and i'm glad to be done with that. bbbbuuuuuutttttt the thing that's stressing me the most is my current job search. i recently applied with with my tribe and i just found out today that there are 15 people who applied including me. i'm going to keep my hope up and my prayers prayed because i really need this job, or at least something. i feel my layers being peeled back almost to the point of having nothing left...

it's still raining here, so the day feels depressing and quiet. this kind of weather can do that to people. for me it's just another by-the-numbers sort of thing. (oh, i'm so full of DRAMA...) ppppfffffttttt yeah, so anyway here's some music to fit the mood, courtesy of Stars of the Lid.



stars of the lid is an electronic/ambient duo from austin, texas. the members are brian mcbride and adam wiltzie. they started their collaboration in 1993 and have been going strong ever since. their songs are largely beatless soundscapes, composed of droning, effects-treated guitars along with piano, strings, and horns; volume swells and feedback fill the gap of rhythmic instruments, providing dynamic movement within the songs. Their sound has been described as "divine, classical drone without the tedious intrusion of drums or vocals". ---according to their wikipedia profile...

if you happen to like artists like Talk Talk, Brian Eno and Labradford then the stars of the lid are right up your skirt. for today i'm posting only one album from the duo. it's their 2007 double album titled, Stars of the Lid and their Refinement of the Decline. it's an amazing collection of music bursting from the seams and ready to be digested by curious and open-minded listeners. ambient music is for the background, so try it out when doing homework, or relaxing, or even when making love while on psychedelic drugs...


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RX0GEWOV



i can hear the water drops...

No comments:

Post a Comment