Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Neck Hurts...

i recall watching a cartoon show with my little brother called, Chowder. it’s pretty cute and harmless, and has a wonderful art palette. on this one particular episode, the main character, who i think is a rabbit, had a flatulence problem.

from what i can remember, his problem was so bad that it caused him a lot of pain and struggle. but, as most cartoons should do, the tides turned and chowder used this gift and made himself famous for farting on cue. uh, and the next thing i remember is that he dubbed himself, “rootin’ tootin’” and became a theatrical sensation, at least for as long as his flatulence lasted. why am i writing about this??? i have no idea…

aw, speaking of cartoon shows, last nights South Park was hilarious!!! it paid homage to the Spiderman movies and comics, as well as make a few jabs at the cherished anime classic, My Neighbor Totoro. it also seems to be the middle episode in a three-part arc, so the conclusion is next week. hmm, where will matt and trey take this next??? oh, and the gothic kids made an appearance, so that was extra funny.

speaking of goth, i guess it’s time to finally mention the king of all goth bands. this band has been around for a LONG time and have been through the ringer. they still rip and inspire many. i’m of course speaking about, The Cure.

the cure hail from crawley, england and have been around in some kind of form since 1976. they were one of the first bands, alongside Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Wire, Magazine, Bauhaus, The Buzzcocks, Per Ubu, Public Image LTD, and Gang of Four, in the post-punk movement. they were given the goth rock stigma because of their image and lyrical style. this, along with their peers, established the goth rock scene that is really just post-punk and nu-wave all mixed together, but with more mascara and darker clothes.

fronting this group is charismatic lead singer, robert smith. you may know him as the giant moth-type man who defeated mecha barbara streisand when she invaded south park back in it’s first season.

oooooorrrrrrrr, you may know this guy by his mysterious glammed up look that has probably graced many “dark depressed” suburban teenager’s bedrooms since the 80’s on some form of poster. regardless, this is the man who singlehandedly wrote the emotions and feelings of so many people who couldn’t write it themselves. he has this massive cult following and the people love everything he touches. as for me, i consider him one of the better pop artists out there and i wish more could make music as good as he has.


and for the music i'm posting a personal best of. these are the albums i'd take along if the cure was the only thing i could listen to. starting off is their american debut, Boys Don't Cry. this is actually a re-arranged version of their uk debut, Three Imaginary Boys, but with different cover art and track listings. the title track is just pure post-punk at it's finest and it makes me want to dance every time. next in line is the double album, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, then their most famous, Disintegration. this album defined goth/post-punk/nu-wave music for years to come and is listed in the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums Ever Made issue at number 326 respectfully. and then in last place is the album, Wish. ok, so you now have a little bit of goth rock 101 behind you. to finish this course you must partake of the music and dance away!!! dig it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mgw4oi3myqf

http://www.mediafire.com/?tawywwxzzzy


http://www.mediafire.com/?tnldjqjnyum


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KEKVEFY1



I would say I'm sorry
If I thought that it would change your mind
But I know that this time
I've said too much
Been too unkind

I try to laugh about it
Cover it all up with lies
I try and
Laugh about it
Hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry

I would break down at your feet
And beg forgiveness
Plead with you
But I know that
It's too late
And now there's nothing I can do

So I try to laugh about it
Cover it all up with lies
I try to
laugh about it
Hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry

I would tell you
That I loved you
If I thought that you would stay
But I know that it's no use
That you've already
Gone away

Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more

Now I would do most anything
To get you back by my side
But I just
Keep on laughing
Hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry
Boys don't cry

No comments:

Post a Comment