Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cabin Fever and Chips...

complicated things are filtering in my head, but for once, it’s not so bad like usual. i am able to shift my thoughts around more better and with that, i manage to keep myself from hurting or becoming depressed. now that is an amazing feat for me!!! i guess it’s all related to the “stepping stone” or my “next step” whatever process. it truly feels as if the next chapter is upon me and things are starting to take better shape. for the past several years i’ve been in the dark, confused and lonely. but now, oh man, now it seems like the adventure is FINALLY about to begin. i’m very excited!!! some of the events happening are me finally moving next month to my own place, improving at my job and enjoying it more, not being sick as much and then there’s miss kristy, the girl whom i’ve been dating a lil’ while. it’s the bees knees!!!

for some more closely related events about to happen, there is the possibility of yet another snow storm brewing. i honestly have no idea when it’s supposed to hit, but sources are starting to all say that it’s either this afternoon, or later tonight. i’m stoked because i love the snow, but the bad is the travel condition to and from work and school. all that, and plus my dad has to work until midnight or one a.m.. (he works for the city and is in charge of snow clearing.) yeppers, it seems like we may be in for another huge dump. all that snow looks like the nasty diaper remains from a baby snowman…

ok, so next thing i want to do is a little bit a free writing. the style i’m choosing is a sporadic approach and one that might get weird, so for your own information, get ready…

occasionally i will imagine myself in a combat/war situation. i don’t know where this comes from, but i do it once in a while. on this tour of duty, i focused on the things that aren’t really of the norm. in the scene of chaos all around me, i was lying flat on my belly, trying my best to take cover and not get killed. as i was laying there, breathing heavy and scared to death, i turned my head over and stared at some ants climbing a plant branch. what stunned then was not the war being fought in all directions and people dying, but instead it was the notion that these living things were spending their time living their own way of life amidst the conflict in their backyard. they crawled and climbed their way up and down the branch, taking their spoils of root matter and fly wings to their secret underground dwellings for later use. sure they probably took notice of the 200+ pound man lying there, breathing hot air on them, but this didn’t phase them. they had a mission to do and so did i.

after collecting myself and getting my wits in place, i surveyed the zone around me and had seen that nobody really took any ground. we were stuck and being picked off like cows in a slaughter house. i rolled onto my back to see where my nco was. i hadn’t noticed when i originally landed in my bombed out crater, but i had leapt onto somebody guts. my left foot was tangled in this person’s bowels. i don’t know where the body was. all that was there was this mass collection of organs and chunky bits of flesh torn off as if someone was tearing pieces of frybread.

i kicked dirt onto the bloody pile, trying my best to ignore what i did and saw. i gripped my weapon tightly and started to pray fast. “Dear Lord, please save me from this battle. I want to go home and see my family. I want to go home and start my own family. I’m sorry for my sins. Please forgive me and please help me to live.” my eyes were close so hard that they almost started bleeding. my ears rang louder than any concert i’ve been too and the ground shook as if it were being tumbled in a dryer. all this agony made me breakdown and i started to cry out loud. “Stop it!!! Stop it you F*ucking Bastards!!! Stop It!!! Stop it!!! Stop It!!!

just then my nco crawled over to me and began rubbing the back of my neck. he told me to calm down and take cover. as he said this more bullets and shrapnel flew over our heads. at any second we would hear the signal to push forward and try our luck against a determined enemy. i coward at the thought of standing up. was i just someone’s pawn in this almost unnecessary battle??? naw, i couldn’t bring myself to start thinking like that. tons of other men in war have thought the same thing and it seems cliché to bring it up. what am i worried about??? my nco gave me another smile and said, “Just you wait man, this little ditty will clear em’ up over there!!! Just wait and watch the f*cukin’ show dude!!!” and with that, i heard the loudest noise i’ve ever heard in my entire life. the whole world seemed to shake and crack. if this noise was being shown through speakers or television, the circuits would pop and burst from the extreme pressure and ferocity of it’s magnitude.

after everything seemed clear, we stood up and witnessed the awesome, yet terrible power we held. the land before us was cleared like the forests of south america. i looked on and saw smoke slowly rising from the ground. it must be spirits lifting i thought. after that my cell phone rang…

right, right, right. ok, so yeah, i think i needed that. just a lil’ free writin’ is all. lol yeah, so let’s talk some music now shall we??? the next band i want you all to check out have been around for a long time and have a special connection to the punk scene here in america. they go by the name, The Mr. T Experience.


this three piece started back in 1985 and are one of the best and most cherished bands of the berkley, california music scene. they play very nice and catchy pop-punk and write songs with a great emphasis on personal reflection and uplifting anthems. they are well known in the bay area and also for playing many times at the legendary 924 gilman street d.i.y venue. this club is famous for getting many of today’s well established acts their start. bands like, Green Day, AFI, Rancid and The Offspring have all cut their chops at this local club and that makes it special. so, if you happen to dig the above mentioned bands, or any of the california/berkley/bay area bands like, Jawbreaker, Dead Kennedy’s, Crimpshrine, J Church, Operation Ivy, Pansy Division and NOFX, then the mr. t experience should be just right for you!!!

and as for their music, i'm not listing their entire discography, but instead just their choice cuts that i find to be their best. these are my personal faves and also take note that they were originally released on the independent label, lookout! records, and are a staple of the 80's-90's calofornia punk scene. in first place is the album, Love is Dead and then the album, Revenge is Sweet and So Are You. both of these came out in the 90's are are a big part of my young life, so remember with me while we jam the mr. t experience!!! dig it...


http://www.mediafire.com/?xmq5mbelmhk


http://www.mediafire.com/?anzqaiyyhze



Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...

My life 'til now
Has been filled with doubt,
Here I am,
'Cause there's no
Other place I can go,
But I can see
You're a lot like me,
So maybe you know
Somewhere people like us can go,
Where we won't get kicked out,
'Cause we've got a lot to talk about,
After years of research
I think I've figured it out:

It's the little things that get you down,
It's the bigger things that you can't get around,
And it's way to flat on the middle ground,
But everything else is wide open.

So let's go,
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...together,
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...

Teacher please,
Don't be such a tease,
Give me some kind of sign,
Not detention this time,
The things that we used to do
Have been turned into a zoo
By people who say
All the things that we used to say,
And if we say them again,
We're gonna sound just like them,
After years of remorse,
I think I've taken it in.

It's the little things that get you down,
It's the bigger things that you can't get around,
And it's way to flat on the middle ground,
But everything else is our oyster,
Everything else is a picnic,
Everything else is terrific.

So let's go,
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...
Ba ba ba ba ba...together,
Ba ba ba ba ba... (Yeah!)
Ba ba ba ba ba...

No comments:

Post a Comment